Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Where no Internet connection has gone before !

Hi Folks,

I don't read news especially when Its obviously filled with politics, hypocrisy, terrorism and human annihilation stories.

But I do connect to few of my good friends over messengers
(I have the same id on all known social networking utilities). So today when i was trying to connect to yahoo, It flashed me the news dialog which i normally take half a second to close it. but something caught my eye..and that's where it all started. One of the headlines was Orrisa Villages go Wi-Fi, have an ePostman, This was fantastic news which I couldn't resist to ignore.I jumped into to finding more.

Ok, now to what this is all about.

The news article spoke about how Daknet is helping rural villages in Orrisa, a state in north-eastern part of India.

The company behind this cool initiative is United Villages, a great company which has cropped as an initiative by First Miles Solutions. This company has been growing with more Industry big-wigs aka the Few Good Men joining its board.

A good post worth reading about Daknet can be foundt here.

I wish this virus(in the good sense) catches up to all those sinful mortals who wish to have a glimpse of the pearly gates.

Lets make this world a better place to live...and off course liberate technology from the cities and make it reach the annals of the 3rd world villages.

Great work guys (all at United Village), we are proud of it.

No comments:

Essentials